Vodafone India, one of India’s leading telecommunication services providers, today announced the launch of its Vodafone SuperNetTM4G service in UP EAST starting with Lucknow. 4G services will be rolled out across UP EAST over the next few months. The launch in UP EAST follows the successful launch of Vodafone SuperNetTM4G services in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai & Haryana.
Built on the efficient 1800 MHz band, this state-of-the-art network will enable Vodafone SuperNetTM4G customers to access internet via mobile with speeds across a range of smart devices including Mi-Fi & dongles Vodafone SuperNetTM4G services can be readily accessed from 4G enabled handsets offered by leading smartphone manufacturers and available across the country.
Vodafone SuperNetTM4G will significantly enhance the mobile internet experience for customers with faster download/upload of videos and music, seamless video chats and will also facilitate greater ease in using their favorite apps. Customers will also adore features like high definition video streaming, mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
Vodafone SuperNetTM4G service in UP EAST is built on a strong fibre backhaul, and is supported by its superfast 3G services on a new and modern network. With this launch, Vodafone is now uniquely positioned to offer in UP EAST, 2G/3G/4G services on its own state of the art, convergent radio technology.
Leveraging its global network and experience, Vodafone also pioneered international roaming on 4G for its India customers visiting 25 countries including UK, UK, US, UAE, Singapore and Canada with many more countries to be launched in the near future.
Announcing the launch of Vodafone SuperNetTM4G service in UP EAST, Sunil Sood, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Vodafone India said, “As a steadfast partner to Digital India, we are delighted to launch Vodafone SuperNetTM4G in UP EAST during this second phase of our 4G rollout. 4G has the potential to revolutionize the mobile experience through powerful innovation that impacts how we work and live. Vodafone’s global expertise and experience of launching 4G across 20 countries gives us a better understanding of this technology and the needs of the 4G customer. Following overwhelming response received in Kerala, Karnataka, Kolkata, Delhi & NCR, Mumbai and Haryana, our customers in UP EAST can now enjoy the world’s largest 4G network experience from today.”
Vodafone SuperNetTM4G services will soon also be available in Gujarat and West Bengal and in 1,000 towns across the country by end of the year. The nine circles of Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Karnataka, Kerala, UP EAST, Gujarat, Haryana, UP (E) and West Bengal, together contribute to just under 70% of Vodafone India’s data revenues.
Speaking on the Vodafone SuperNetTM4G proposition for UP EAST, Nipun Sharma, Business Head–UP EAST, Vodafone India, said, “UP EAST is a strong leadership market for Vodafone India and our over 1.94 cr customers have a lot to look forward to. Beginning with key business and residential corridors of Lucknow, we will soon expand our Vodafone SuperNetTM4G services across the entire state in a phased manner. We invite our data savvy customers in UP EAST to make the most of the bonanza of special benefits being offered and enjoy the best mobile internet experience.”
Vodafone’s customers in UP EAST have a bonanza of special benefits to enjoy the Vodafone SuperNetTM4G experience seamlessly. This includes:
· FREE upgrade to 4G for customers along with high-speed 4G SIM
· Faster 4G services at 3G prices
· Array of Data Packs starting from as little as INR 16 for 50 MB
· Customers buying greater than 1GB packs will also get twice the data allowance and unlimited local Vodafone to Vodafone Calls(7 -15 days)
· Enjoy 3 months access to FREE TV, Movies & Videos on VODAFONE PLAY as part of Vodafone 4G subscription
· Leading entertainment destination with 100+ Live TV channels, over 18000 movies and TV show titles and a wide range of all genres of music, in partnership with HUNGAMA PLAY and HOOQ
· 4G Mi-Fi that supports wi-fi connectivity for up to 15 devices
· Enhanced customer experience – immediate 4G SIM exchange at multiple touch points; door-step delivery of postpaid 4G SIMs
· Enjoy 4G international roaming across 25 countries including UK, US, UAE, Singapore and Canada, many more countries to be launched in the near future
Seamless customer experience
· Instant 4G SIM swap at all Vodafone stores and select retail outlets
· Vodafone subscribers can also check if their SIM / Phone is 4G compatible by sending an SMS <4GCHECK> to 199
· Get Door-Step delivery of Postpaid SIMS by calling the call centre or sending an SMS <4GSIM >to 199
UP EAST is a focus and significant growth market for Vodafone India. To cater to the growing volumes of customer usage increasing need for speed, the company invested over INR 400 Crores in 2015-16 to expand, modernize and build a more technology and energy efficient network. In UP EAST, Vodafone has a large retail footprint with 657 exclusive branded stores spread across prominent localities in the state, making it convenient for customers to access Vodafone’s products and services within their neighborhood.